Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What's on your nightstand?


I'm a bit of a nightstand fanatic. Can you tell?
I love having my favorite goodies, current books, lotions, potions, and yummy-smelling stuffs 
close at hand when I go to bed- and when I wake up in the morning.  I neeeed a plant next to me.  Constantly.  I secretly harbor grand plans for an austere, minimalist room with nothing but my lamp and a glass of water on the nightstand.  But, what will I read?  And what about when my feet/lips/hands/face feel dry/chapped/uncomfy?  What about those 2am thoughts that simply must be written down, immediately?! 

This nightstand-glimpse says everything about me.   That I'm obsessed with my own comfort, that I can't camp to save my life, that I pack way too much, that a lifetime of allergies dictates an ever-present hanky... and the books!  They'll tell you the real truth about me...  
I'm a sassy-mouthed wordy, a reluctant Francophile, a mama... and I'm still learning.  

 Here's a peek at the current situation:


Clockwise:

Eau de Parfum, "Brigitte" by Tocca -
Everything by Tocca feels so over-the-top glamorous. Even in jammies.

Candle, Votivo "Rush of Rose" no. 55a - So pretty and fresh. The smell reminds me of my grandma.

Mustela Baby Lotion - I've used this for 12 years... Light, refreshing, and it smells like my 3 babies!

Butter London 3-Free Nail Laquer - This polish is beautiful, durable, and free of the nasty stuff.  :)

Fresh Sugar, tinted lip balm in "Passion" - Smells amazing. Feels even better! The best.

Micron Pen by Sakura - Archinerd essential.  Kinda can't live without my 005.

Notepad by Rifle Paper Co./Artist, Anna Bond - Tricks me into thinking my to-do list is a pleasure!

Hair tie - Remember these?  I love them.  They look like gumballs!

Pin Cushion - My mom always had these around the house when I was little, and I'd pull their ponytails.

Matches - Sacred Heart by HomArt

Hand-me-down phone, courtesy of my friends at MNKR.  It's time for a new one.  :)

Plant. - Necessary.

Hanky. -  Never, ever more than a few feet away from one.  Dozens. Fijian souvenirs. Allergy gear.

Rosebud Salve - Sooo good on dry spots. Addicted to it.

Chloe - It gives me sweet dreams.

Glasses, Betsey Johnson

Books:

-Lollygag: Quirky Words for a Clever Tongue, Chronicle Books
-Bringing Up Bébé by Pamela Druckerman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please! That means you, anonymous. ♥