Monday, April 30, 2012

Billboard Valentines...


Jeff and I noticed this declaration of love on a local billboard a few days ago, as we were driving by.  
And the reply as we turned around...


Today he indulged me in a little trek through highway-adjacent farmland, so I could snag these shots to share with you.  Have you seen it?  I'd so much rather see this on a billboard than commercial coercion.  
It made me think of Steve Powers' "A Love Letter For You" series in Philadelphia- which I love oh so much and have been mildly obsessed with for a couple of years.  

Some of my favorites from that project:







I would looove to see something similar to these around SLO.  What do you think?  





7 comments:

  1. Every time I pass by that billboard I get a big smile on my face! I wanted to take a picture of it, but that's a little dangerous to do while driving! Glad you got a good pic ;) such a sweet declaration of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Caitlin. I think it's probably made a lot of people smile. :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/5/12 21:19

    It was actually done for two close friends of a friend of mine (does that make sense?) who passed away recently.
    Definitely a really lovely gesture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really neat to know. Thanks so much for sharing the back-story a bit. It's an amazing gesture.

      Delete
  3. What a really lovely gesture! So glad you were able to catch the photo Coral, before it gets covered by something! Also thanks for sharing (and introducing me to) the Steve Powers murals- LOVE them!!! We need way more things like that in the world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you explored the mural project... it's wonderful. There's also a commemorative book available on amazon. :)

      I so wish that we had something like it in SLO.

      Delete
    2. I was going to ask if there was a book. I'm definitely getting it!! How could you not see any of those and not smile?!?! Every city/town needs this!!

      I wonder who you petition in SLO to make it happen? Not that it would, but just curious! Maybe that's something to do with a lottery win- rent billboards for use in a project like this!!! Now I just gotta win the ever elusive lottery!!

      Delete

Nice comments only, please! That means you, anonymous. ♥