Friday, September 28, 2012

20 Questions...

Occasionally as part of my work, I interview people.  I conducted my first interview at age 16 while writing for my fanzine.  Since then, I've interviewed many people for many different reasons... friends, strangers, some famous, some not-so-famous, job seekers, do-gooders, etc.   I've also seen Jeff interviewed several times, and what always strikes me about the questions asked, is the redundancy.  Everyone asks the same things of him, and I think to myself... if only you changed your line of questioning- you'd get some fun, juicy answers that nobody else has.  There are so many facets to his work and his personality that people would be surprised to find out.  Aren't we all that way though?  I think that sometimes I take my closest relationships for granted and forget that the people I love are complex individuals with lots going on beneath the surface of everyday life.  There are so many in-depth questions that just go un-asked.  SO...  I'm kicking off a new series on my blog called "20 Questions", wherein I really get to know the people I know.  ;)

First up...  Evelyn!

1. What do you dream about?
A. I'm a very crazy sleeper, and I have crazy dreams. I sleepwalk and talk during my dreams, but I don't remember what those dreams were about.  I know that I dream about Taylor Swift a lot.  Oh, and I dreamt that I took a future camera (from the future and shaped like an "E") to a Justin Beiber concert.  It was so weird.

2. What is your best memory of this school year so far?
A. Going to Yosemite with my class.  Climbing Sentinel Dome, sleeping in a cabin with my friends, taking pictures, seeing the Seqoia trees, and the bus ride.  

3. Who is your hero? Why?
A. Taylor Swift and Shakira.  Taylor Swift is a great singer, and musician, and she's amazing.  I wanna be just like her.  And Shakira because she speaks a lot of different languages, and I want to speak a lot of different languages too.  

4. How would you describe your family?
A. Nice.  Confusing.  Loving.  Out of control.  My mom is pretty and happy and nice.  I love her.  Jeff is funny and nuts and tall.  He's always cool.  James is weird, but sometimes he's a good brother.  Elliott is my favorite and he's a fast learner.  

5. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
A. That I always would get straight A's, and I would always be good and never lose my temper.  

6. What are you most proud of yourself for?
A. There's a lot, I can't pick one.  I get good grades, I'm a GREAT baton twirler, I'm a good singer, and I have nice friends.  I'm mostly proud of my baby brother.  I love him.

7. Who is the kindest person you know? Why?
A. My mom and my friend Maya, because they are loving.

8. What do you like most about your best friend?
A. She's funny, kind, loving, and helpful.  Those are the most important things to me.

9. What is one thing you would like to learn to do well?
A. I have three... Sing, speak Spanish, and twirl baton.

10. If you were an animal what one would you be and why?
A. Elephant because they're adorable and sweet and loving and helpful (because they carry stuff with their trunks), and they're always hugging with their trunks.  And they're big, brave, and strong.

11. When is the last time someone hurt your feelings? How did you react?
A. Today. I went to the bathroom on the bus and I was trying to come out but some girls were pushing on the door, and laughing and recording me on a video.  I just ignored them.

12. Do you know someone who is going though a hard time? How can you help them?
A. Yes.  A girl in my school is homeless, and I don't know how to help her.  

13. What is the scariest thing that happened this year?
A. I got scared at camp when I went to the bathroom at night and saw girls walking, but I thought they were mountain lions and I couldn't stop screaming.

14. If you could keep only one thing, out of everything you have, what would it be?
A. Besides my family- I would keep the iPad. 

15. Who do you think is really successful? Why?
A. Taylor Swift.  Because she has a lot of fans, she writes her own songs, and she's doing really good with her music. 

16. What’s the best thing about your teacher this year?
A. That he let us go to Yosemite.  

17. When do you feel misunderstood by grown-ups?
A. Almost every day.  They just don't understand kid life.

18. What three words best describe you?
A. Funny. Weird. Awesome.

19. What’s something that makes you angry?
A. James.

20. What’s the best compliment you ever received
A. The best compliment is making my family proud of me.




See my own Q+A... here

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! I'm super excited about this new feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this moment! Ready for the next installment.... Who??? Gimme more!

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments only, please! That means you, anonymous. ♥