Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We Read SLO, Book Club Info...

I've had a lot of people contact me recently to ask if they can "join" our book club.  In case you've been wondering too, I wanted to address this and a few other questions, here for everyone.  

WE READ SLO, is a public book club, open to anyone who may be interested in participating.  You don't need permission to attend, there is no commitment to come every time, and there are no fees. Heck, some of our members don't even finish the books- and still come hang out to discuss the chapters they did read.  And that's totally OK!  If you have an interest in books, reading, and monthly discussion with like-minded peeps, please feel free to check it out.  We always discuss the books we've read, but I've found that the conversations often veer away from a specifically book-centric discussion and lead to some pretty intriguing topics and tangents.  I love that!  It's also been great fun to connect with, and learn more about fellow book clubbers- outside of the usual "Hi, how are you? Yeah, I'm good.  N'kay, bye" sort of conversations we have on the sidewalk.  I love hearing their opinions and ideas, and I especially enjoy the dialog when those opinions differ from my own.  This is juicy stuff, guys!  

So, FYI... our next club meeting will be at Linnaea's on Nov. 27th at 6:30pm.  We've been meeting in the back garden, but it has started to get cooooold- so either dress extra warm and cozy, or we'll take a vote on moving the meeting indoors.  

Our current book is: A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (available on SALE at Barnes & Noble).  Have you read it?  I'm still catching up after my whirlwind work schedule these past couple of weeks, but I'm excited to get together for our discussion.  

BOOK NERDS, UNITE!  Hope to see you soon.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please! That means you, anonymous. ♥