Friday, July 20, 2012

Romantic Crown Braid... tutorial!

The lovely Leah was kind enough to collaborate with me on a GREAT hair tutorial earlier this week!  I'm really excited about this because it went so well, that we're already talking about the next one!  Personally, I can barely manage a decent ponytail- but Leah made this look like a breeze!  She and her friend Andi did such a beautiful job.  I really hope you enjoy!  
*note - Ok, apparently I don't know how to count, since I have more steps than Leah. Aaand I guess I don't like the #8?!  Whaaat? It still works.



Leah's step-by-step guide:

You'll Need - A comb, bobby pins, 2 clear elastic bands, styling product (like a pomade or paste) + hairspray!


1. Comb hair  and part on side. You choose how deep you want the side part to go.

2. Create a diagonal part using a comb, ending the part just below the ear on the opposite side.

3. Begin an inverse braid. This is an upside down french braid. Taking the hair under instead of over allows the braid to "stand up". If this is too difficult, do a traditional french braid in it's place.

4. Taking hair only from the crown to incorporate into the braid continue the braid all the way down.

5. Secure with a clear elastic band.

6. Do the same thing on the opposite side.

7. Once braids are finished and secure, gently tug them apart, creating separation and a larger, more imperfect braid. You can be subtle about this or you can go big and really pull the braid apart.

8. Pull the braid around the back of the head just above the nape and secure with bobby pins just above the ear.

9 . Take braid from the opposite side and cross over the first braid, securing with bobby pins as you go. Remember to tuck in the loose ends of the tail of the braid!

10. Spray with hairspray.

YOU'RE DONE!  :)


Leah's bracelets/Andi's necklaces: Heather Gardner 
Denim Jacket: FREE PEOPLE 
Andi's floral top: FREE PEOPLE 
Leah's nail polish: Butter London "Trout Pout"
{all of the above available at AMBIANCE}



1 comment:

  1. I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! Your layout is so stinkin' cute!!!! I'm so excited for our future endeavors!!! And they will of course include more baked goods!!! ;) you're fantastic my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice comments only, please! That means you, anonymous. ♥